Worplesdon Rangers FC is a football club run entirely by volunteers. Without parents, carers, grandparents and friends giving their time so generously to the Club, we simply wouldn’t exist.
If you would like to work as a volunteer with us, we’d love to hear from you. There are plenty of roles that need to be filled in the Club, many of which require no knowledge of the beautiful game whatsoever! We consistently receive feedback that ours is a friendly and welcoming club, so we have no doubt that you will fit in well somewhere!
Some of the volunteer roles that you may like to consider include:
- Working with our Committee to help drive the future development of the Club (see our Committee page for further details of the roles involved)
- Managing or coaching a team (or acting as an Assistant Coach)
- Running our tuck shop
- Helping set up social and sporting events
- Managing our publicity/communications
- Contributing to work parties to help keep our grounds in good shape
- Running the line on match days
- Specialist coaching (e.g. goalkeeping, fitness etc.)
- Working as a Team Rep for one of our teams
- Becoming a qualified first aider
- Setting up/taking down goals, nets, flags etc. on match days
- General cleaning/tidying/repairs
- Writing match reports and liaising with the local press.
Alternatively, you may have specialist or professional skills that you can offer and which may be of huge benefit to the Club. Examples of specific skills that have been in demand in the recent past have included:
- General building, carpentry, plumbing and electrical
- Web design
- Grounds maintenance
- Design and printing
- Taking meeting minutes
- Sign making
- Event photography.
We would also be interested to hear from 16-18 year olds who may wish to volunteer for a specific reason connected to their academic studies e.g. GCSE Sports Leadership, Duke of Edinburgh, etc. As a community club, we actively support these schemes and (subject to availability) will look for suitable openings for students who would like to work with us for a specified period of time.
All we ask of our volunteers is that they complete a Volunteer Form when they join us. For volunteers over the age of 18, we also ask that if their role involves any form of direct contact with players, they submit to a Criminal Records Check/DBS. This is recommended best practice, as advised by the FA and is fully paid for by the Club.
For further details about volunteering with us, simply complete our Contact Form and we will get back to you with a response, usually within 48 hours.