A voluntary organisation like ours has to look beyond its membership for funding, via grants and sponsorship. With an increasing amount of our day-to-day running costs allocated to the hire of pitch facilities across the Worplesdon and Guildford area, receiving sponsorship for each team is essential to our continued success as a club. Needless to say, it is largely down to the generosity of our sponsors that we are able to continue delivering quality football for all in our local community.
Each season, our sponsors are typically drawn from a mix of large corporates, local small business and individual benefactors. Past and recent corporate sponsors have included Cisco, Compass Group, Budgens and Colborne Volkswagen, while local Guildford-based businesses have included Ramsac, Deep C, OneTouch Solutions, Excaliba, Britannic Technologies and Marrick Commercial Interiors. Additionally, we regularly attract individual parents, families and local business people who simply wish to make a small donation to Club funds – they sometimes ask to do this anonymously.
The range of potential sponsorship opportunities is considerable and we typically work closely with our sponsors to agree something that fits their budget and expectations. Sponsorship opportunities typically start from £25.00 and may include items such as:
- A team kit (home and/or away strip, complete with sponsor’s branding)
- Other items of apparel including track suits, training tops etc., personalised as required
- Personalised Club and team kit such as sports bags, drink bottles etc.
- End of season trophies and awards
- Training equipment (footballs, goals, nets, training vests, marker cones, rope ladders, first aid kits etc.)
- Specialist coaching programmes (e.g. goalkeeper coaching)
- Funding for local tournaments, UK and international tours.
In return, we can offer a variety of marketing, advertising and PR opportunities within the local community, including:
- Sports apparel branding
- Web advertising
- PR via local newspapers that report on our matches
- Features in Club newsletters directed at our growing subscriber base
- Advertising at local tournaments
- Support for your company’s approach to corporate social responsibility (CSR).
If you would like to receive further information about sponsorship opportunities within our Club, we’d be delighted to hear from you. Simply complete our Contact Form and we will get back to you with a reply, usually within 48 hours.
Alternatively, go to our Teams page where you will find details of current kit sponsorship opportunities that exist for a number of our teams.